miniE is an engine sketch to provide control over a single stepper motor and camera, using an Arduino and DFRobot LCD Keypad shield. It is an open design providing all the necessary features to do shoot-move-shoot or continuous timelapse with a built-in UI. The 1st version of the code was inspired by the OpenMoCo Engine by C.A. Church and is basically based on it - Thank you for your great work and help! The project has evolved since its first version and is now a standalone software/hardware solution. The aim of the system is to be as flexible as possible. For this lightweight engine, full system control is possible out in the field without extra hardware.
Version 1.1 (fully non-blocking)
The project is present at SourceForge. You can directly download the GNU-tarball which contains everything you need - code, shield files/schematics, documentation.
- Arduino (ATMega) based motion control system for use with the DFRobot LCD Shield
- system control is fully implemented as a 5 button - 16x2 char user interface
- supports 1 stepper motor
- supports 1 camera
- shoot-move-shoot mode
- continuous mode
- 3 different motor ramping styles (arc-tan, sinus, linear)
- up to 20 programs can be created (single date events, repeating weekday events) when using a RTC Module
- motor: home, sleep, post delay, ramping length, max. speed, min. speed
- camera: focus time, exposure time, post delay
- 2 physical limiting switches
- max. motor steps & max. shot limits
- Settings and programs can be stored in the EEPROM
miniE shield board
The miniE shield can be ordered here: www.shop.airiclenz.com.
the main status screen
in the program menu